Cancellations & sick policies
- Cancellations may be done by calling the center in advance of your class. There will be a $10 cancellation fee per class for any and all tuition-based classes over $10. Any cancellations within 3 days of your class will be refunded at 50%.
- Refunds for cancellations for medical reasons will be evaluated on a case by case basis. The $10 cancellation fee will still apply.
- There are no refunds after your class has started.
- For the New Parent classes, trust and support are built upon cohesion with your classmates, and topics may vary from group to group. For these reasons there are no make-up sessions.
- In case of illness, please call the center in advance of your class. We will do our best to find a make-up class. If no make-up classes fit your schedule, you will be issued a refund. Refunds are only available if you have notified us in advance. No refunds are available for classes missed in New Mama, Second Time Mama, Beyond Newborns, or Rolly Pollies.
- These policies apply only to tuition-based classes (not free workshops).
- Inclement weather: if class is cancelled due to inclement weather, we will post the information on the home page. Please check our home page often when you see the weather is bad. If your class is cancelled due to weather, we will do our best to find you a make-up class. If no make-up classes fit your schedule, you will be issued a refund.
- Classes may be cancelled for low enrollment. Although this is rare, know that we will work with you to find another session, but if nothing else fits your schedule we will issue a full refund.
- Clients may switch into another section of their class, provided there is space. This must be done by calling the center. Switches must be done within 3 days of your class so we have every opportunity to fill your vacancy.
- Unless otherwise noted, all Prenatal classes accommodate one expectant parent and one non-pregnant support person (partner, mom, sister, etc). Any additional attendees need to register for the class separately and pay full tuition, assuming there is space in the class.
- Amma Parenting Center honors all the ways to become a family. We use the term “expectant parent” to include parents of all genders and relationships to their children, whether it be biological, adoptive, or via surrogate.
- The New Mama Class, Second Time Mama, Beyond Newborns, and Rolly Pollies accommodate just the mother and her baby. All other New Parent classes accommodate two members of the same family.
- With twins, both babies count as one registration in our New Parent classes.
- No children or infants are allowed in prenatal classes with the exception of Big Brothers and Sisters unless otherwise stated.
- We’re sorry, but due to the classroom size we cannot accommodate foreign language interpreters. Doing so creates noise disruptions. Families who are not native English speakers will find our online childbirth class comprehensive and easily translated by an interpreter. You can also look into our private childbirth classes, to which you may bring your interpreter. For hearing impaired clients, please contact Missy Duffy, our Director of Prenatal Education, so that we can make a plan for your education.
- Some health insurances may cover part or all of the cost of your class or allow you to use funds from your health savings account. Be sure to check with your insurance provider. Amma Parenting Center cannot guarantee coverage, nor do we accept insurance except for UCare (see below). We will provide you with a receipt which you may submit.
- We accept UCare insurance for select prenatal classes. UCare members must register for classes over the phone instead of online. UCare will not reimburse their members for charges, so it is important not to pay for Amma classes up front! To learn more, click here.
Product Returns & Exchanges
- Amma Parenting Center will issue a refund or exchange within 7 days provided the item was not on sale or discounted, and the item is in resellable condition.
- Refunds will be issued in the original form of payment within 7 days of purchase.
- Up to 30 days, we will issue center credit or exchange your item as long as it’s in its original packaging and in re-sale condition.
- Center credit can be used towards classes or products (and never expires).
- No returns or exchanges will be accepted after 30 days.
- Returned products must be in their original packaging and in re-sale condition. Breast pumps can only be returned if the original packaging seal is unbroken.