Although we’re believers in the benefits of an in-person childbirth class, we know it’s not always possible for families. Whether your reasons are due to scheduling constraints, location, or a medical condition, our online childbirth class is the perfect option.
This easy-to-use online program lets you learn at your own pace, in your own home or hospital room. The topics covered include:
- Pregnancy: what to expect as you near your due date
- Labor: the complete process of giving birth to a baby
- Birth stories: watch various videos of mothers in different situations as they birth their babies
- Comfort Techniques: everything you and your birth partner need to know about coping with labor
- Medical Procedures: the possible procedures and supportive technology you may experience
- Cesarean Birth: giving birth by C-section and what to expect for recovery
- Newborns: what to expect for early care in the hospital, car seat installation, SIDS prevention, and coming home with your baby
- Postpartum: the physical and emotional recovery process, and a short segment on getting the baby started at breastfeeding
- Ask an educator: you’ll have the opportunity to email an Amma Parenting Center childbirth educator your questions as you go along (this feature discontinues after your class has timed out at 15 days)
The online class includes many videos, animations, interactive features, and quizzes to help with learning.
Good to know:
- You can take the online class on a Mac or PC. All you need is high-speed Internet service.
- After purchasing your class online through our 3rd-party software system, we will send you an email within 72 hours explaining the process of how to begin.
- There is tech support available to you.
- After opening the link to your class, you will have access to the online class and the Amma educators for 15 days.
- Because in-person learning is so effective as you prepare for birth, we encourage you to attend our Labor Skills Workshop to supplement your learning.
Enter our registration software to purchase.
We encourage you to call any time to ask questions or get help! (952) 926-2229.
Insurance coverage is not available for this class. We ask families to read our policies before registering for any classes.