Newborns 101 prepares you for life with a newborn baby. You’ll “graduate” ready to start life with your new son or daughter!
Hear the most current information on early development, how to care for your infant, and parenting strategies for the first few months. The mixture of video, hands-on practice and real-life scenarios go beyond what you can read in a book.
- Care procedures at birth
- Newborn behaviors, cues and reflexes: what they mean and how to respond
- Typical patterns of bonding and development, and how to best promote your baby’s early adjustment to life outside the womb
- Sleep basics and how to promote safe, healthy sleep in the newborn months. Includes highlights from the Amma Parenting Center sleep curricula (take our newborn sleep class in person or online here)
- How to soothe and hold your baby and use swaddling products
- Car seat installation basics
- Using dolls, you’ll practice holding, diapering and dressing
- Tummy time, using a bulb syringe and taking a temperature will be demonstrated
Each family will receive a full color, 100+ page book on newborns. This comprehensive reference goes into detail on many other topics not covered in class, from growth and weight gain to baby proofing, what gear and layette items to buy, immunizations, colic, illness, and much more.
Tuition: $40 for one 2.5-hour class (includes one expectant parent plus one support person)
We ask that families read our policies before registering for classes. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.