New grandparents, are you feeling a bit rusty? Want to start out right in your new role? Refresh your memories of baby care, and get an update on today’s practices. Join other new grandparents as you prepare for this special new time of life. Topics include:
- Safety in the home, sleep safety, and car seat basics
- How to perform basic caregiving tasks such as diapering, soothing, giving a bottle and swaddling
- Baby cues and behaviors, and how to respond
- Ideas for play
- Tips for providing child care
- Family adjustment and how to start off right, including how to support a brand new family and how to keep the lines of communication open and healthy
Tuition: $60 for the 3.5-hour class. Tuition covers both grandparents, and one set of materials will be provided. If you would like to register as a single attendant, please call us directly to purchase a $35 single tuition (includes class materials).
We ask that families read our policies before registering for classes. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.