Taking an Amma Parenting Center class at UMMC, West Bank
Plan to use the University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital, South Building Entrance and check in at the information desk. Information Desk staff will direct you to the classroom listed in your Enrollment Confirmation email. If you are unsure of your classroom, please call Amma at (952) 926-2229.
2414 South 7th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55454
- Valet parking is available at the South Entrance from 5 am – 8 pm & Street parking at meters
- Recommended parking in the underground Green Garage of the University of Minnesota Amplatz Children’s Hospital building. Please note parking is not validated at UMMC, the normal parking fees apply. For details: Download the U of M Medical Center PDF
- Main UMMC, West Bank information line: (612) 672-6000
- Main Amma Parenting Center number: (952) 926-2229
Please feel free to bring snacks and your own lunch if desired. There is also a cafeteria and a coffee shop.
- Breakfast: 6:30 am – 10:15 am
- Lunch: 10:45 am – 1:30 pm
- Afternoon Grill: 1:30 pm – 4:00 pm
- Dinner: 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm
Bambinis Coffee is a full service coffee shop located on the lobby level with service outlets in both UMMC Amplatz Children’s Hospital and UMMC West Bank East lobby.
- Preparing for Childbirth, Childbirth Refresher and Labor Skills Workshop: bring a couple of pillows and a blanket to get comfortable during breathing and relaxation practice.
- Dress in comfortable, layered clothes. Temperatures can fluctuate, and you’ll want to make yourselves comfortable over the course of the class.
- You are welcome to bring beverages and snacks
To download and print these directions, click Off site class instructions for Amma UMMC