Parents of twins (or triplets) need extra preparation! Caring for multiple tiny babies at once brings its own special set of joys and challenges. Join other families of multiples as we walk you through childbirth, care and feeding, and adjusting to life as a family of four or more. Spending time with a small group of other expectant parents will let you graduate with a support network of people who know just what you’re going through. A visit from a new family with multiple babies will cap off our time together.
In this five-week series, families will learn:
- The birth process, and how c-sections and vaginal births are modified for multiples
- What to know about breastfeeding multiples, and how to ensure a plentiful milk supply from Day One (includes information on pumping breast milk)
- Feeding options
- Newborn care procedures in the hospital, and care of premature babies
- Basic care of your newborns, including bathing, diapering, swaddling, soothing, using a car seat and detecting illness
- Self-care, sleep, and how to cope with the emotional challenges of multiple babies
- Building your support community of playgroups, other parents, and online resources
- A guest family of multiples will visit on the last night to share their experience
Tuition: $195 for the five week series (tuition covers one expectant parent plus one support person).
We strongly recommend this class be completed by 32 to 34 weeks of pregnancy.
This class includes our pumping webinar, Breast Pump Basics: Success strategies for using a pump and returning to work, a $20 value. In class you will receive the password needed to access the webinar. (Enter here)
We ask that families read our policies before registering for classes. Please don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Private childbirth classes can be often be arranged upon request for a tuition of $300 for a 3-hour session. If you are on bed rest with your multiples, consider our Preparing for Childbirth Online. It is not specific to multiples but has excellent information.