Pressed for time? Our All-in-One Express class teaches you the basics of the birth process, infant feeding and basic newborn care – all in a one-day express.
This class highlights the essentials of each topic, but is not as comprehensive as our traditional classes. We’ll spend the morning on childbirth preparation and the afternoon on breastfeeding and baby care.
- The birth process
- Coping strategies for labor, including pain medication
- Cesarean birth
- Postpartum healing
- Starting out at breastfeeding, and how to recognize signs of success
- Newborn care procedures in the hospital
- Signs of illness, and when to call the doctor
- Giving a bath
- Newborn care: diapering, swaddling and soothing, taking a temperature, and car seat basics
- This class includes our online class, Breast Pump Basics, a $20 value (see instructions below)
Our instructor will recommend good websites and books for more in-depth learning. Because of the nature of the class, hands-on breathing and relaxation will not be covered. Parents wanting to learn and practice breath work and relaxation techniques should consider the Labor Skills Workshop.
In class you will receive the password to enter our Breast Pump Basics webinar. Enter here
This is one of our most in-demand classes. Keep in mind its popularity and consider registering early. Also, please note that a hospital tour is not part of prenatal classes at Amma. You can contact your hospital directly for information about tours.
We ask that families read our policies before registering for classes. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.